Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
Organic hulled Einkorn Flour is processed from the whole kernels of the ancient grain Einkorn with only the fibrous hull removed. The entire kernel is milled into flour, including the bran and germ. Einkorn flour has a sweeter, nuttier flavor than other wheat flours and can be used as a substitute in many applications, although the gluten strength is less. Einkorn flour has a light yellowish coloration due to its high levels of the antioxidants beta carotene and lutein. Both the whole Einkorn grain and the finished flour are certified 100% Organic through the USDA National Organic Program. This is a single ingredient product; nothing is added to the Einkorn flour during processing or packaging.
Typical Analysis Values:
Moisture: Maximum 14%
Ingredient declaration: Einkorn (triticum monnoccum)
Allergen declaration: Contains wheat. Processed in a facility that handles Einkorn and wheat.
Storage: Keep cool and dry. Refrigerated storage is highly recommended.
Expected Shelf Life: At least 120 days at 70° F or less and less than 70% relative humidity.
|US Std. Screen||Typical Range|
|On US 20||0-1%|
|On US 40||2-10%|
|On US 60||5-15%|
|On US 80||10-25%|
|On US 100||8-15%|
|Thru US 100||> 50%|
50 lb. multi-wall paper bags or 2000 lb. tote with printed tag and lot code
- Einkorn provides an alternative for many people with gluten sensitivites Einkorn isn't gluten free, but it lacks the specififc gliadin proteins that trigger intolerance. Its unique gluten structure is very digestable.
- Einkorn is a "diploid" having only two sets of chromosones, a very simple genetic structure. Modern wheat is a "hexaploid" - having six sets of chromosomes and a very complex structure. More Genetic complexity leads to more potential health issues.
- Einkorn is the most nutritious and flavorul of all wheat, but it's also the lowest yielding.
- Einkorn has only one small kernel per spikelet.
- Einkorn is a "hulled" or covered wheat making it more difficult to process than modern free-threshing wheat.
- The challenges of processing Einkorn preserved Einkorn, keeping it genetically pure.
- Einkorn from Nature's Organic Grist is grown organically with no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides.
Food Use Strengths
- Einkorn Flower is great for sourdough and artisan breads.
- Lacks gluten strength for breads with high loft.
- Excellent for crackers, cookies, flat breads, quick breads, pizza crust, and pasta.